Christ Church, Pontblyddyn is our local Parish Church. We are grouped with Treuddyn and Nercwys Parish Churches all of which are within the “Parish of Mold Mission Area” which is comprised of 12 churches around the Mold area extending from Northop, to Nannerch, to Llanferres. All the churches in the Parish work together as much as possible. In addition to this we are also part of “Leeswood Churches Together” a group which includes our Anglican Church, the Wesley Methodist Church, Bethania Baptist Church, and Cedron Chapel. This group of four local churches socialise and worship together regularly.
The Church was built in 1836 and celebrated its 175th anniversary in 2011. One of the windows in the Chancel, which depicts the ‘Stilling of the Storm’ is dedicated to the memory of William Wynne Eyton RN, a member of a local family who (at the age of 11) served with Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar. He survived the battle and lived for a further 52 years. The pipe organ was installed in 1949 “as a memorial to those from this Parish who served in the World War, 1939-45 and in humble thanksgiving to Almighty God for victory” The bells are unusual. A Carilion of bells are housed in the tower, which can be played by one person and made to produce tunes as well as peals. Many of the folk in Leeswood/Pontblyddyn remember learning to play the bells during childhood.
CHRIST CHURCH PONTBLYDDYN